There are three ways to make an appointment to see a Health Care Professional at Walnut Tree Health Centre:
1. Online via our booking system - you will need to register at reception to enable this facility(please bring photo id)
2. By telephone - Call 01908 691 123 to make an appointment.
3. In person, at the surgery
We understand that it can be frustrating when you can't get an appointment. At Walnut Tree Health Centre we have trained our reception team to signpost you to the most appropriate health care professional as quickly as possible. After a few questions you may be offered:
1. A face to face appointment with a GP at the Practice
2. A telephone consultation with one of our GPs - if you and the GP decide you need to see a doctor, they will make a face to face appointment for you.
3. A GP appointment at either this Practice (Monday evening) or another GP Practice in the evening or at the weekend. The Practice is part of the GP Access Fund in Milton Keynes allowing more appointments for residents of Milton Keynes outside of "normal working hours". PLEASE DO ASK FOR AN APPOINTMENT IF YOU ARE NOT OFFERED ONE ROUTINELY AND ARE HAPPY TO TRAVEL TO ANOTHER SITE OR WOULD PREFER AN EVENING OR WEEKEND APPOINTMENT
4. An appointment with one of the Children's Primary Care Team Nurses - who can see all children who are unwell with common illnesses from 10 days old up to the age of 18 at a local hub centre
5. An appointment with our Advanced Nurse Practitioner for minor illnesses
6. An appointment with our Specialist Long Term condition nurse
7. An appointment with our Practice Nurse or Health Care Assistant for well being checks and treatment room services
8. An appointment with our Phlebotomist for a blood test
9. An appointment with one of our Practice Pharmacists for reviews of long term medications
Appointments can be booked up to 6 weeks in advance with a doctor of your choice. These appointments are normally for 10 minutes. Please note that if you are more than 10 minutes late for any appointment it is unlikely you will be seen.