England | Scotland | Wales | Northern Ireland | Ireland
Get the latest NHS information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19).
Check if you or your child has coronavirus symptoms
Find out about the main symptoms of coronavirus and what to do if you have them.
Self-isolation and treatment if you have coronavirus symptoms
Advice about staying at home (self-isolation) and treatment for you and anyone you live with.
Testing and tracing
Information about testing for coronavirus and what to do if you're contacted by the NHS Test and Trace service.
People at high risk
Advice for people at higher risk from coronavirus, including older people, people with health conditions and pregnant women.
Social distancing and changes to everyday life
Advice about avoiding close contact with other people (social distancing), looking after your wellbeing and using the NHS and other services during coronavirus.
GOV.UK: coronavirus – guidance and support
Government information and advice.
Walnut Tree Health CentreBlackberry Court Walnut TreeMilton Keynes, MK7 7PBTel: 01908 691123
There are three ways to make an appointment to see a Health Care Professional at Walnut Tree Health Centre:
1. Online via our booking system - you will need to register at reception to enable this facility(please bring photo id)
2. By telephone - Call 01908 691 123 to make an appointment.
3. In person, at the surgery
We understand that it can be frustrating when you can't get an appointment. At Walnut Tree Health Centre we have trained our reception team to signpost you to the most appropriate health care professional as quickly as possible. After a few questions you may be offered:
1. A face to face appointment with a GP at the Practice
2. A telephone consultation with one of our GPs - if you and the GP decide you need to see a doctor, they will make a face to face appointment for you.
3. A GP appointment at either this Practice (Monday evening) or another GP Practice in the evening or at the weekend. The Practice is part of the GP Access Fund in Milton Keynes allowing more appointments for residents of Milton Keynes outside of "normal working hours". PLEASE DO ASK FOR AN APPOINTMENT IF YOU ARE NOT OFFERED ONE ROUTINELY AND ARE HAPPY TO TRAVEL TO ANOTHER SITE OR WOULD PREFER AN EVENING OR WEEKEND APPOINTMENT
4. An appointment with one of the Children's Primary Care Team Nurses - who can see all children who are unwell with common illnesses from 10 days old up to the age of 18 at a local hub centre
5. An appointment with our Advanced Nurse Practitioner for minor illnesses
6. An appointment with our Specialist Long Term condition nurse
7. An appointment with our Practice Nurse or Health Care Assistant for well being checks and treatment room services
8. An appointment with our Phlebotomist for a blood test
9. An appointment with one of our Practice Pharmacists for reviews of long term medications
Appointments can be booked up to 6 weeks in advance with a doctor of your choice. These appointments are normally for 10 minutes. Please note that if you are more than 10 minutes late for any appointment it is unlikely you will be seen.
If possible please try to telephone reception before 10am if you require a home visit.
A doctor or nurse may phone you back as it may be that your problem can be dealt with by telephone advice, or that it would be more appropriate to send a nurse, or indeed arrange a hospital attendance.
House visits are only available for patients who are housebound because of illness or disability.
Please remember that several patients can be seen in the practice in the time that it takes to make one home visit. There are also better facilities for examining and treating patients at the Health Centre.
The doctors currently work on the following days:
Dr Triona Withanage
Dr Khatereh Emambakhsh
Dr Nancy Murray
Nurse PractitionerThe Nurses currently work the following days:
Practice Nurse Sister Karen Freeman
Practice Nurse Rebecca Mounch
Nurse Practitioner Amy Wong
Nurse Practitioner Janet Thornley
Senior Health Care Assistant Lynn Malins
Owing to the number of patients failing to cancel their appointment with Doctors, Nurses, Health Care Assistants and the Phlebotomist the Practice is introducing a policy whereby patients who have failed to attend two appointments within a rolling year will receive a letter notifying them that they will be removed from the Practice list if they fail to attend again.
Failure to attend appointments wastes precious clinical time, wastes tax payers money and stops other patients being able to access clinicians.
If you fail to attend a Travel Vaccination appointment with a Practice Nurse you will be unable to make a subsequent appointment with this Practice for Travel purposes within the next 6 months.
Asthma patients who fail to attend their Asthma review appointments with the Practice Nurse will not be able to request repeat medication until they have been seen by the Nurse.
It is unfortunate that we have to take these measures but we have many patients who fail to attend their appointments thus wasting precious nursing time.
Thank you for your co-operation.
MKGP Plus Access is a service which offers general practice appointments to suit you. Please click the link below to find out more.
MKGP Plus Access
Copyright 2006 - 2020 My Surgery Website | Privacy & Usage | Edit | Staff Home | Site Map | Accessibility | Site T&C's | Service T&C's