For an appointment or administrative requests, such as sick notes or referral queries etc. please use Engage Consult.
Appointment queries will be triaged and you will be contacted with either a same day or future appointment.
This service is open 07:00 - 09:00 for appointment requests and 08:00 - 17:30 for administrative queries.
The Practice is still operating in a covid-secure manner. Please do not attend if you have any symptoms of coronavirus. Please refer to nhs.uk or gov.uk for latest covid guidelines.
Telephone Appointments are now available to book online as follows:
- On the day GP telephone consultations, released at 08:00 Monday – Friday. These are non-urgent phone calls with one of the GP’s.
- Pre-bookable GP telephone consultations released 1, 2, 7 and 14 days in advance at 08:00 Monday – Friday.
- Minor illness telephone consultations released at 08:00 on the day as well as 1, 2, 7 and 14 days in. These appointments are with Prescribing Nurse Practitioners Fiona Susana and Janet Thornley. They are for over 18’s with minor illnesses (such as infections, earache, sore throats, chest infections, period pain, minor skin infections/irritations etc). If Fiona or Janet feel they need to see you they will arrange this with you. Please check the appointment you are booking as we will only be able to speak to you for the above conditions in the booked appointment.
- Early morning minor illness telephone consultations (from 07:00 twice a week). These are with Fiona our Prescribing Nurse Practitioner – These are non-urgent phone calls with Fiona for over 18’s with minor illnesses (such as infections, earache, sore throats, chest infections, period pain, minor skin infections/irritations etc). If Fiona feels she needs to see you she will arrange this with you. Please check the appointment you are booking as we will only be able to speak to you for the above conditions in the booked appointment.
Please type a brief description of your problem when you book your telephone appointment so we can ensure you are seeing the most appropriate clinician.
All appointment times listed are approximate and the clinician may call you at ANY TIME throughout their clinics, from 08:00 – 18:30). The clinician will make three attempts to contact you; if you fail to answer you will need to rebook your telephone consultation.
We provide 2 early morning surgery sessions. We offer a variety of pre-booked minor illness and nurse appointments. These are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 07:00 to 08:00 and some of these appointments are available via our online booking system.
Patients are requested, where possible, to telephone before 11am if a home visit is required that day.
We would request that, apart from the genuinely housebound, all other patients attend the surgery rather than request a home visit because of the extra time home visiting takes. On average four to five patients can be seen in surgery in the time it takes to do a single house call. In addition, the care that can be offered due to the lack of adequate lighting, examination facilities and equipment means that you may not receive as good a service as the doctor may be able to offer if you came to the surgery.
Please note that the doctor may telephone you rather than visit you if this is medically appropriate. Ultimately it is the doctors right to decide whether or not a visit is appropriate for a particular set of circumstances.
Cancelling or changing an appointment
Please let us know as soon as possible if you need to cancel an appointment in order that we can give the slot to someone else.
You can also complete our appointment cancellation notification request form. This can only be used if your appointment has been arranged for more than 24 hours in advance (excluding weekends and public holidays). You can also text to cancel your appointment.
If you need help when we are closed
Click here for information about out-of-hours arrangements and other local urgent care facilities available.
If you need help with your appointment
Please tell us:
- If there’s a specific doctor, nurse or other health professional you would prefer to respond
- If you would prefer to consult with the doctor or nurse by phone, face-to-face, by video call or by text or email
- If you need an interpreter
- If you have any other access or communication needs
Text Reminder Service
We have a texting service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to register by completing a consent form.
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.